Certificate for Occasional Trips

If you are a Québec carrier established in a territory of Canada or in a state that is not a member under the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and you do not have an IFTA licence, you must obtain a certificate for occasional trips from an authorized organization before each trip in another Canadian province or American state that is a member jurisdiction under the agreement.

You may also obtain a certificate by calling us at 418 652-IFTA.

In Québec, the cost of the certificate is $0.15 per km to be travelled (minimum $75 charge).

Once the fees are paid, the certificate for occasional trips allows you to travel in member jurisdictions while being exempted from the obligations related to the Agreement, such as filing quarterly returns.

The certificate for occasional trips must be kept in your vehicle.

Fair. For all.

One vision. Concrete actions.

Read all about how we work to support and inform you. Our vision and values guide us as we carry out our role.

Veuillez patienter