Cancellation, Suspension or Revocation of a Licence
There are two ways to cancel your IFTA licence. You can either:
- apply in writing to Revenu Québec
- check the appropriate box on the Quarterly Fuel Tax Return (form CAZ-510-V) sent to you by Revenu Québec
You must destroy the licence and decals after you cancel them.
Under the provisions of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), your licence may be suspended or revoked if you:
- fail to file the quarterly returns
- fail to pay all balances of tax owing
- are negligent with respect to the provisions of the Agreement or your obligations to Revenu Québec, or
- fail to fulfill your record-keeping obligations
If your licence is suspended or revoked, all member jurisdictions are informed of the situation. Your licence may be reinstated if you take steps to correct the problem.