Cancellation, Suspension or Revocation of a Licence
There are two ways to request the cancellation of your IFTA licence. You can either:
- apply in writing to Revenu Québec;
- check the appropriate box on the Quarterly Fuel Tax Return (form CAZ-510-V) when you file the return.
You must destroy the licence and decals after you cancel them.
Under the provisions of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), your licence may be suspended or revoked if, for example, you:
- fail to file your quarterly fuel tax returns;
- fail to pay all balances of tax owing;
- fail to fulfill your record-keeping obligations
If your licence is suspended or revoked, we will inform all member jurisdictions of the situation. Your licence may be reinstated if you take steps to correct the problem.