Making a Correction Request
A correction request can only be made if it concerns personal information about a physical person. Its subject can include:
- changes to inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous information, such as an address, postal code or date of birth;
- the destruction of information for which the collection, disclosure or saving is not authorized by law.
All correction requests must contain enough elements to identify you, including at a minimum:
- your full name;
- your address;
- the number on the last notice of assessment you received;
- a daytime phone number.
Some personal information such as your social insurance number and birth date should never be sent by unsecured email.
All correction requests must be made in writing to the following person:
Responsable organisationnel de l'accès à l'information
et de la protection des renseignements confidentiels
3800, rue de Marly, secteur 5-2-3
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
418 652-5786 (Québec City region)
1 888 830-7747, extension 6525786 (toll-free)
Fax: 418 577-5233
We have up to 20 days to respond to a correction request. However, the deadline can be extended by 10 days if needed.
We encourage you to read the information about your recourse options (in French only) on the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec website if:
- we denied your request;
- we did not respond to your request;
- you are not satisfied with our response to your request; or
- you want more information about your recourse options and how to exercise them.
If you want to apply for a review, note that the deadline is 30 days following either the date we denied your request or our latest deadline for replying.