Calling all secondary school teachers!
Teach your students all about taxes in Québec.
This year, we're taking taxes to the classroom with teaching materials specially designed to help secondary school teachers provide their students with everything they need to know about taxes in Québec. The materials can be used as part of the secondary cycle two Financial Education Program.
Teachers can download the four learning and evaluation situations (LESs) below from macontribution.com. Each LES includes a teacher's guide and a student workbook.
- History and Basics of Québec Income Tax and Consumption Taxes
- Income Tax Return
- Tax Evasion: It's My Business Too!
- Consumption Taxes
Teachers can subscribe to our notification list to receive alerts whenever we publish new teaching materials or updates for the Financial Education Program.
Contest: Talking money in class!
We've partnered with the Autorité des marchés financiers to get secondary school teachers talking about taxes in their classrooms. A special $1,000 prize will be awarded to a teacher who helps their students learn about our tax system with brio and flair.
How to enter the contest:
- Use our teaching materials in your classroom.
- Send an email with the following information to email@example.com:
- what activity you used;
- how many students participated; and
- what you thought of the teaching materials (optional).
For more information, visit the Teachers page at tesaffaires.com/en.