Information for Our Partners – Electronic Payment Transactions
The Electronic payment transactions field of activity is intended for payment services providers and preparers that offer or use telepayment services for electronically transmitting payments or returns.
Partners in this field of activity are businesses that develop, for internal use or for the use of their clients, products to provide services related to:
- Instalment payments of the GST/HST
- Instalment payments of the QST
- Instalment payments of the GST/HST and QST
- An individual's instalment payments or the payment of an income tax balance
- A corporation's instalment payments or the payment of an income tax balance
- An individual's notice of assessment
- Payment code
- Specific duty on new tires
- Support payments
- Source deductions and employer contributions including the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST)
- Summary of source deductions and employer contributions
- Tax on insurance premiums
- GST/HST and QST
- Periodic CNESST payments
For a list of payment services providers, see Payment Options.
These services are intended for the following persons and entities:
- Individuals in business (self-employed persons)
- Any other legal entity required to transmit payments or returns to Revenu Québec
For the period from April 1, 2016, to March 31, 2017, Revenu Québec received over $67 billion in payments by electronic data interchange (EDI).