Authorized SRM Installer
As an SRM installer authorized by Revenu Québec, you have certain privileges such as:
- the right to obtain SRMs from the supplier;
- the right to sell new SRMs;
- the right to install and activate new or used SRMs in Québec restaurant establishments (bar, restaurant and catering establishments);
- access to online training on SRM activation and installation;
- access to technical documentation required for activating and installing SRMs, including the Guide de l'installateur du module d'enregistrement des ventes (IN-576), which is in French only;
- the possibility of creating a non-transactional environment to carry out tests, validate results, train technicians or investigate problems that arise during the everyday use of an SRM.
For more information, see Sales Recording Module (SRM) Installers.
How to apply for authorization
To apply for authorization as an SRM installer, you must first:
- register for clicSÉQUR – Entreprises (the Québec government's authentication service);
- complete, sign and file form VD-350.56.IN-V, Application for Authorization to Act as an SRM Installer.
In addition, you must meet all the requirements set out in the Act respecting the Québec sales tax listed in Part 6 of form VD-350.56.IN-V.
The public has a right to expect the highest level of integrity from a person holding such an authorization; therefore, we ensure:
- that you have filed all the returns required under Québec tax laws;
- that you have paid all amounts owed to the Minister of Revenue of Québec, unless a payment agreement has been concluded or the recovery of the debt has been legally suspended.
If, once your application has been processed, we find that you meet the requirements outlined above, we will authorize you to act as an SRM installer. In addition, we will mail you a user code for accessing the documents reserved for authorized installers on our website.
IBM Canada, the company responsible for supplying SRMs, will contact you to explain how you can acquire them.
If, however, we decline your application for authorization, we will send you a letter explaining why.