Cancellation, Suspension or Revocation of a Licence
Cancellation of a licence
There are two ways to cancel your IFTA licence. You can either:
- apply in writing to Revenu Québec
- check the appropriate box on the Quarterly Fuel Tax Return (form CAZ-510-V) sent to you by Revenu Québec
You must destroy the licence and decals after you cancel them.
Suspension or revocation of a licence
Under the provisions of the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), your licence may be suspended or revoked if you:
- fail to file the quarterly returns
- fail to pay all balances of tax owing
- are negligent with respect to the provisions of the Agreement or your obligations to Revenu Québec, or
- fail to fulfill your record-keeping obligations
If your licence is suspended or revoked, all member jurisdictions are informed of the situation. Your licence may be reinstated if you take steps to correct the problem.