RL-31 Slip Obligations

If you are a landlord (This link will open a new window) (owner of rental property) and you leased an eligible dwelling for which rent was paid or payable on December 31, 2017, you must file an RL-31 slip with us and give a copy to your tenants. 

The RL-31 slip is used to report information about leased dwellings on December 31, 2017.


You can file RL-31 slips for the 2017 taxation year using the Prepare and View the RL-31 Slip online service (available as of December 1).

If you filed RL-31 electronically for 2016, you can use the same information to file the slips for 2017.

You can also file the RL-31 slip:

For more information about filing the RL-31 slip, click Filing RL Slips and Summaries. You can also refer to the Guide to Filing the RL-31 Slip: Information About a Leased Dwelling (RL-31.G-V) or the RL-31 Slip Helpsheet (RL-31.G.A-V).

Last Updated: