Age Amount, Amount for a Person Living Alone and Amount for Retirement Income

You can claim a non-refundable tax credit if any of the following statements apply to you:

  • You or your spouse on December 31 (This link will open a new window) was born before January 1, 1952.
  • You maintained and ordinarily resided in a dwelling (This link will open a new window) in which you lived alone throughout the year covered by the claim (or only with one or more people under 18, or one or more of your children 18 or older who were full-time students).
  • You or your spouse on December 31 received eligible retirement income (or your spouse transferred a portion of his or her eligible retirement income to you).

For more information, see the pages dealing with each amount or see the instructions for line 361 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).

Last Updated: