Support-Payment Collection Program
Support is an amount paid periodically, pursuant to a judgment generally handed down in Québec, to cover the essential needs of children or of the creditor of support (This link will open a new window). Such needs include:
Scope of the support-payment collection program
The support-payment collection program applies to all cases:
- judgments rendered on or after December 1, 1995, that award support for the first time
- judgments rendered before December 1, 1995, on request
Our role consists of:
- collecting support payments from the debtor of support (This link will open a new window)
- providing the support payments to the creditor
Only a court can:
- change the terms of a judgment
- modify the amount of support established in a judgment
If you are unable to make your support payments because your situation has changed, you must obtain a new judgment.
Other sources of information
You can find information on support payments on the Ministère de la Justice website as well as on the Services Québec website (When a Couple Separates section).