Filing Your Income Tax Return Online
Filing your own return
There are two ways for you to file your own income tax return online with software authorized by Revenu Québec:
- using the software's integrated filing function (some software may not include such a function); or
- using the Online Filing of an Income Tax Return online service, which is available in My Account.
When you file your income tax return online, do not send us any paper copies of the return.
NetFile Québec availability:
Online Filing of an Income Tax Return for 2016
- This service is available from February 20, 2017, to mid-January 2018.
Having your return filed by an accredited person
You can use the services of a person accredited by Revenu Québec to file your return. Note that accredited persons who file more than 10 income tax returns for clients are required to file all such returns online.
If you use the services of an accredited person to file your return online, you must authorize the person to do so by providing the person with form TP-1000.TE-V, Online Filing of an Income Tax Return by an Accredited Person.
You must complete and sign two copies of the authorization form. You and the authorized person must each keep a copy of the form for six years following the taxation year concerned. Do not send us a copy of the form unless we ask for it.
You can get the code:
- in My Account;
- by using the Get Your Download Code online service;
- by using our automated telephone service, which is available at 418 654-9754 (Québec City area), at 514 864-3689 (Montréal area) or, toll-free, at 1 888 811-7362 (elsewhere); or
- by contacting our client services.
You cannot file your return online and must file it by mail if you are in any of the situations described under:
Do not send us:
- your RL slips;
- your federal information slips; or
- your receipts or other supporting documents, unless we ask for them.
Note, however, that you must keep all such documents in case we ask for them.
For more information about filing your return using authorized software, see Information for Software Users: Personal Income Tax Return (IN-413.A-V).