236 – Deduction for residents of designated remote areas

You can claim the deduction for residents of designated remote areas if you lived in a designated remote area for a period of at least six consecutive months that started or ended in 2016. The amount you can claim includes the housing deduction and the travel deduction (provided you received taxable benefits respecting trips, as shown in box K of your RL-1 slip). If you claim a deduction for trips made to obtain medical services, you cannot take those expenses into account in the calculation of a credit elsewhere in your return.

Form to enclose

Calculation of the Deduction for Residents of Designated Remote Areas (TP-350.1-V)

Last Updated: