You must pay the balance of your income tax due by April 30. We will charge you interest as of May 1 on any amount owing on that date.
You can pay your balance due online, by cheque or money order, or at your financial institution.
You are not required to pay a balance of less than $2.
You can pay your balance online if you have an account at one of the financial institutions listed below.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO)
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- Desjardins Group
- Laurentian Bank of Canada
- National Bank of Canada
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Tangerine Bank
- Toronto-Dominion (TD) Bank
Payment by Cheque or Money Order
To pay your income tax balance due by cheque or money order, follow these instructions:
- Make your cheque or money order payable to the Minister of Revenue of Québec.
- If you pay by cheque, be sure to sign it and date it for 2017.
- Do not write "final payment" on the cheque or money order.
- If you have a remittance slip, complete it and mail it to us, along with your cheque or money order. If you do not have a remittance slip, you can order one by calling us or by using the Ordering Forms and Publications online service.
- If you use software to file your return, print a remittance slip using the software and mail us the completed slip along with your cheque or money order.
Mail us your remittance slip and payment (along with your income tax return, if you are filing your return by mail) at one of the following addresses:
|Québec City||Revenu Québec
3800, rue de Marly
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
C. P. 3000, succursale Place-Desjardins
Montréal (Québec) H5B 1A4
If your cheque is not honoured by your financial institution because there are not sufficient funds in the account on which it is drawn, a fee of $35 will be added to your debt. This fee is payable as of the date of refusal by the financial institution, and bears interest as of that date.
Payment at Your Financial Institution
If you pay your balance in person at a financial institution, you must complete the remittance slip we provided. If you do not have a remittance slip, you can order one by calling us or by using the Ordering Forms and Publications online service.
- You can also pay your balance using the Online Payment service, which lets you access the online payment service offered by your financial institution.
- The remittance slip that you can print with commercial software can only be used to pay your balance by mail. It cannot be used to pay your balance in person at a financial institution.