Direct Deposit of Your Refund
If you are entitled to a refund, we can deposit it directly into your bank account. To take advantage of direct deposit, you must be registered for direct deposit respecting an account at a financial institution with an establishment in Canada. We will deposit your refund into that account, either at the time your notice of assessment is sent, or before that time if you request an accelerated refund.
Register for direct deposit or make changes to direct deposit information
You can register for direct deposit or change your account information in any of the following ways:
- Use the Register for Direct Deposit and the Change Direct Deposit Information online services.
- Enclose with your income tax return a blank cheque marked “VOID” on the front and bearing your name and social insurance number.
- Complete a Request for Direct Deposit (form LM-3.Q-V or LM-3.M-V). If you live closer to Québec City, use form LM-3.Q-V. If you live closer to Montréal, use form LM-3.M-V. The only difference between the two forms is the Revenu Québec office address.
If you are filing your income tax return online, you must provide the following information:
- the branch number of your financial institution
- the financial institution number
- your account number
The benefits of direct deposit
Direct deposit makes sense because it eliminates the risk of cheques being lost or stolen, and it guarantees that, even if there is a postal strike or you are sick or away from home, you will receive the following:
- your income tax refund
- your payments of the solidarity tax credit
- your advance payments of the tax credit for childcare expenses
- your advance payments of any tax credits respecting the work premium (the work premium, adapted work premium and supplement to the work premium)
- your advance payments of the tax credit for home-support services for seniors
- your advance payment of the tax credit for the treatment of infertility
- any other tax-related payments
Cancelling direct deposit
Your direct deposit registration will remain in effect until you request that we cancel it. You can cancel direct deposit in writing or by telephone. However, if you are entitled to the solidarity tax credit, you must be registered for direct deposit to receive the credit.