Tax Credit for Workers 64 or Older
You can claim this tax credit if, for the year covered by the claim, you met the following requirements:
- You were resident of Québec on December 31, 2016.
- You were 64 or older on December 31, 2016.
- You are claiming one of the following types of income:
- employment income
- income from a business you were actively engaged in
- research grants (net amount)
- Wage Earner Protection Program payments
- amounts received under a work-incentive project
For 2016, the credit has been improved. For example, the age of eligibility has been lowered from 65 to 64.
For more information, consult the instructions for line 391 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V).