Property Tax Refund for Forest Producers

You can claim a property tax refund if you meet the following conditions:

  • During the taxation year covered by the claim, you were a certified forest producer under the Sustainable Forest Development Act, and held a valid certified forest producer's certificate issued for that purpose
  • You incurred eligible expenses to develop your woodlots that:
    • are recorded in a forest engineer's report
    • total an amount greater than or equal to the amount of property taxes assessed for the evaluation units listed in your forest producer's certificate

For more information, see point 5 in the instructions for line 462 in the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V), or the information concerning forest producers on the website of the Ministère de l'Énergie et des Ressources naturelles.

Last Updated: