Requirements for Advance Payments of the Supplement to the Work Premium
To be entitled to advance payments of the supplement to the work premium during the year, you must file an application and meet the following requirements:
- You held, for the first month in which you stopped receiving last-resort financial assistance because of work income earned by you or your spouse, a valid claim slip issued by the Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale enabling you to receive certain dental and pharmaceutical services.
- You received last-resort financial assistance, or financial assistance under the Alternative jeunesse program, the Alternative jeunesse pilot project or the Solidarité jeunesse program, for at least 36 of the 42 months preceding the month in which you were no longer eligible for last-resort financial assistance, or financial assistance under the Alternative jeunesse program, because of your work income.
- Your work income for the month for which you are requesting the supplement is at least $200 and you are not receiving last-resort financial assistance or financial assistance under the Alternative jeunesse program.
- You are resident in Québec at the time you apply and are a Canadian citizen, an Indian, a permanent resident or a person on whom Canada has conferred refugee protection.
- You are 18 or older on the first day of the month in which you filed your application or, if you are under 18, no one is entitled to receive a child assistance payment with regard to you for the current year.
- You must agree to receive payments by direct deposit.
Note that we may reject your application for advance payments if, by the time we process it, you have not filed your income tax return for a previous year for which you or your spouse received advance payments.
In addition, we may cease making advance payments or suspend them if we realize you have not yet filed your return for a previous year for which you received advance payments.
Note that you cannot claim any of the tax credits respecting the work premium if you were confined in a prison or similar institution on December 31, 2016, and your confinement lasted more than six months in 2016.