Payment of the Solidarity Tax Credit
Payments of the tax credit are made in the first five days of the month. The frequency of payments will depend on the amount of the credit determined for the payment period, which extends from July 2016 to June 2017.
Accordingly, if the amount determined for the payment period is:
- $800 or more, you will receive monthly payments of the tax credit for each month of the payment period;
- more than $240 but less than $800, you will receive quarterly payments of the tax credit in July, October, January and April;
- $240 or less, you will receive a single payment of the tax credit in July.
|Tuesday, July 5, 2016||Thursday, January 5, 2017|
|Friday, August 5, 2016||Friday, February 3, 2017|
|Friday, September 2, 2016||Friday, March 3, 2017|
|Wednesday, October 5, 2016||Wednesday, April 5, 2017|
|Friday, November 4, 2016||Friday, May 5, 2017|
|Monday, December 5, 2016||Monday, June 5, 2017|
As a general rule, monthly payments of the tax credit are deposited directly into your bank account.
If you have not already registered for direct deposit, you can do so by:
- using the Register for Direct Deposit service (you must be registered for My Account to use this service);
- enclosing with your return a blank cheque marked “VOID” on the front and bearing your name and social insurance number (the cheque must be from an account at a financial institution that has an establishment in Canada);or
- completing a Request for Direct Deposit (form LM-3.Q-V or LM-3.M-V) and enclosing it with your return (if you live closer to Québec City, use form LM-3.Q-V; if you live closer to Montréal, use form LM-3.M-V).
Loss of entitlement to the credit
You are not entitled to receive the solidarity tax credit for a given month if, immediately before the first day of the month, you are no longer resident in Québec or are confined to a prison or similar institution. If you have claimed the credit and such a situation arises, you must notify us by telephone.
In the case of a deceased person, we will stop paying the credit in the month following the death.
If your spouse received the solidarity tax credit for your couple and he or she dies or is confined to a prison or similar institution, you can receive the credit instead, provided you meet the conditions. You do, however, have to claim it. For more information, contact us.