Claiming the RénoVert Tax Credit

Extension of the RénoVert tax credit

The period of eligibility for the RénoVert tax credit has been extended to March 31, 2018, for all recognized work other than the construction, renovation, modification or rebuilding of a system for the discharge, collection and disposal of waste water, toilet effluents or grey water in accordance with the requirements set out in the Regulation respecting waste water disposal systems for isolated dwellings.

For more information, click RénoVert Tax Credit Extended to 2018.

You can claim the RénoVert tax credit only for the 2016 and 2017 taxation years, and you must do so when you file your income tax return.  

To claim it, you must:

  • enclose form TP-1029.RV-V, RénoVert Tax Credit, with your income tax return for the year;
  • have the contractor that did the work complete and sign a Certificate of Compliance with Energy and Environmental Standards (form TP-1029.RV.A-V).  

To be eligible for the credit in 2016, your expenses must have been paid after March 17, 2016, and before January 1, 2017. 

To be eligible for the credit in 2017, your expenses must have been paid after December 31, 2016, and before October 1, 2017.


In the case of an eligible dwelling located in a condominium building, eligible expenses include those paid by the syndicate of co-owners, up to your unit's share of the expenses. The syndicate of co-owners must provide you with information concerning the work done and the amount of your unit's share of the expenses by giving you a copy of form TP-1029.RV.D-V, Information Return: RénoVert Tax Credit.

You must keep your supporting documents (estimates, invoices, etc.) for six years in case we ask for them.

Last Updated: