Claiming the Tax Credit for Home-Support Services for Seniors

To receive the tax credit for home-support services for seniors you must either:

The amount of tax credit to which you are entitled is the same either way.

If you have a spouse on December 31 (This link will open a new window) and you are both entitled to the tax credit, only one of you can claim it for your couple.

Your income tax return

If you claim the tax credit in your income tax return, consult the guide to the income tax return (TP-1.G-V) and complete Schedule J.

Advance payments

Information about how to receive advance payments is available under Applying for Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Home-Support Services for Seniors.

Last Updated: