Frequently Asked Questions: Unclaimed Property
Unclaimed financial assets
- Why is an unclaimed financial asset to which I have rights being administered by Revenu Québec?
- Where do unclaimed financial assets come from?
- What does Revenu Québec do with unclaimed financial assets?
- What does Revenu Québec do to find the owners or right-holders of unclaimed financial assets?
- How can I find out if I am the owner or right-holder of an unclaimed financial asset?
- How do I claim a financial asset online?
Register of unclaimed property
- What is the register of unclaimed property?
- What types of property are listed in the register?
- Is all unclaimed property listed in the register?
- Once property has been remitted to the Minister of Revenue, is it automatically listed in the register?
- How long does property stay listed in the register?
- How do I renounce a succession?
- Do I have to renounce a succession if it is in the red?
- Who must renounce a succession for it to be considered unclaimed?
- For a succession to be unclaimed, do all the successors have to renounce it?
- What documents does Revenu Québec need in order to act as the liquidator of an unclaimed succession?