Internet privacy is of the utmost importance to Revenu Québec. Please read this section carefully, as well as the section on Intellectual property rights.
Protection of your identity
When you visit our site:
- Session cookies are used sparingly to facilitate navigation but not to collect personal information.
- No personal information is collected without your consent. The information transmitted automatically between computers cannot be used to identify you. Certain information is collected to satisfy Web technological requirements and is used for statistical purposes, such as recording the number of visitors to the site and determining which pages are consulted most frequently, etc.
- You have access to secure electronic services which use an encryption protocol to guarantee the confidentiality of the personal information exchanged.
When you connect with this site, information is exchanged transparently between your computer and the server. This information, listed below, cannot be used to identify you:
- an Internet domain name, such as "xcompany.com" (if you use a private Internet access account) or "university.edu" (if you access the Revenu Québec site though a university) and the IP address through which you access the Web (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet access provider every time you surf the Web);
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
- your date and time of access;
- the pages that you view;
- the address of any site that led you to www.revenu.gouv.qc.ca.
Revenu Québec shares your concerns with respect to the personal information that you submit. We use the security measures required by law to protect personal information and confidentiality.
Personal information flowing through our secure electronic services is encoded to ensure ongoing protection. It is subsequently used to process your request, but only within the limits of the law.
When you use certain services, Revenu Québec requests personal information, such as your name, address and telephone numbers, and identification or file numbers.
This information is required so that Revenu Québec can:
- confirm your identity (when you contact us or when we contact you)
- retrieve the information in your tax file needed to answer your questions
- ensure the confidentiality of the information that relates to you
If a question does not require access to your tax file, Revenu Québec will request only contact information.
You should be aware that a user code and a password are required to use transactional services giving access to confidential information.
You are responsible for the information that you submit to Revenu Québec and for the confidentiality of your identification data, access code and password (if applicable). Revenu Québec cannot be held responsible for unauthorized use of this information. Should the confidentiality of this information be violated, please inform Revenu Québec immediately to avoid fraudulent use of your identity.
Please note that, as provided for by law, Revenu Québec may release confidential information to other government bodies and organizations without your prior consent.
You may use our secure email address (which appears on every page) to submit your comments or questions.