Paying Support Debt in a Lump Sum
Upon receiving a demand for payment, you can pay the amount due in full through a lump sum payment made:
- online using a financial institution's online payment service;
- in person at a financial institution; or
- by mail.
To pay by mail:
- complete the remittance slip (the detachable portion of the demand for payment letter);
- enclose a cheque or money order made payable to the Fonds des pensions alimentaires (write your file number on the front);
- send us the slip and payment using the return envelope no later than 10 days following the date you received the letter.
Regardless of the payment method you choose, contact us to let us know whether you have already paid the amount in full or will be paying it by the 10-day deadline.
By paying in full by the deadline, you avoid collection fees being added to your debt and collection measures being taken.